All You Need To Know About Personal Training Business Success
Personal Training Business: 28 Ways To Succeed. A Post by Pat Rigsby
When we (or pretty much anyone else for that matter) talk about personal training business success, it often turns to marketing and sales or developing and implementing programs.
All of that ‘stuff’ is important. Even crucial. But if you want to be successful, you need a foundation. Here are 37 tips & lessons that will give you foundation you need for lasting success:
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Be early…on time is tolerable. Late is never acceptable.
- Do what you say you’re going to do. Try to do more. Never do less.
- Focus on what you can control.
- Learn from the experiences of other – not just your own.
- Live your life like most people do and you’re going to settle for what most people get.
- ‘Trying’ isn’t enough. It’s an excuse. Either you’re doing something or you’re not.
- You never fail until you quit, make excuses or die.
- If you want to achieve something write it down.
- Make your goals specific and measurable. The more specific you are, the more quickly you’ll be able to achieve them.
- Plan every day. Success isn’t an accident.
- Write out tomorrow’s plan the night before and review it throughout the course of the day.
- If you want your personal training business to be more successful – apply the 80/20 Principle.
- Discipline yourself…focus your energy, thoughts and actions on the task at hand and eliminate useless distractions.
- Schedule everything. Personal time too. Why wouldn’t that be as important as an appointment with a client?
- Outsource, delegate or eliminate things that provide a low return on your time in your personal training business.
- Take control of your time. Just because the phone rings, there’s a knock at the door, an email enters your inbox or someone instant messages you doesn’t mean you have to immediately give them your time.
- Tell the truth. There’s no such thing as a good liar.
- Listen more than you talk.
- Accept that there is no ‘Get Rich Quick’ solution and that the only shortcuts are working smart, working hard and learning from others mistakes.
- It’s not only about you. Help others get what they want and you’ll get what you want. Be a problem solver.
- Be nice. Genuinely care about others’ success and happiness.
- Surround yourself with successful people.
- Make every interaction a Win/Win.
- Focus on getting 1% better each day. Small improvements add up.
- Sell people what they want. Give them what they need.
- Mean what you say.
- Take responsibility. If you make a mistake – own up. No excuses.
- Failure is part of the process as a Personal Training Business entrepreneur. Accept it. Learn from it. Move on.
- Change is inevitable. Embrace it.
- If ‘if’s and ‘but’s were candy and nuts – every day would be Christmas. ‘If only…’ is dreaming. It’s not reality. And there is plenty of opportunity in reality.
- We’re not judged on what we could have been – rather we’re judged by what we actually become.
- Life isn’t fair. Get over it.
- Don’t dwell on the past and don’t live in the future. Focus on today.
- Half of success is showing up. Do the work…day after day. Don’t get distracted. That’s how you become better than everyone else.
- Today is the best day to start (anything.) Procrastination is contagious. Wait until tomorrow and you may find yourself waiting until next week, next month or next year.
- If you’re waiting for circumstances to be different (or perfect) – you’re in for a long wait. Stop waiting and start doing.
What do you think? Are there any I missed when it comes to personal training business success? If you can think of some, share them below.
Dedicated to your success,